Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shoveling on the Way

Maybe its odd, or maybe its particularly appropriate (being as our route takes us over the Polar Ice Cap) that we finally have a significant snow fall this week. My plan today, after doing some meditative reading included going the gym to get some exercise, but when I looked outside I and saw all the white stuff I thought I better start by shoveling the snow. Now, snow shoveling is an activity for which I normally have the attention span of a flea, but today was different. I kept the thoughts for the day in mind and made the snow shoveling part of my walk with God. Soon, I found myself shoveling all the way through that yucky, heavy stuff at the bottom of the driveway and when I came inside, we were 3 miles closer to Jerusalem.

No comments: