Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Psalm 26

Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity ... I walk in faithfulness to you ... and go around your altar ... I walk in my integrity ..."

This is a very exciting Psalm. The speaker has been falsely accused of something and is praying for deliverance from personal enemies. The Psalmist is asking for vindication against an unjust charge and loudly protests personal innocence. The speaker is so convinced this is so God is asked to test the Psalmist's heart and mind. The speaker is so sure of innocence some sort of liturgical ceremony is involved, and makes comparisons to those who have actually sinned. There is absolute assurance God can and will redeem the speaker.

We, as we walk, need not be quite as sure as is the Psalmist, but the Psalmist's conviction and integrity is not a bad goal for our journey.

No comments: